Is your leadership about to derail? Facing the challenges and pressures of today's uncertain environment, leading change has never been so complex. Learn the keys to effective leadership in the age of uncertainty and avoid a derailment of your leadership. enter>
The disconnection and lack of commitment of workers is a clear symptom of poor management. Finding agile solutions that improve engagement is key. Find out what the keys to good management are, how to improve your management and alleviate the crisis of lack of commitment and resignation of workers >>
Do you want to do better? If you are looking for new paths and solutions, new precision tools that will measurably help you overcome new challenges, accelerate your leadership potential and find your own version of success, this article tells you how, keep reading ⤵️
Are you a good leader? Keys to Post-Covid Leadership
As we head into a new month of large-scale remote leadership, it's no wonder that motivation, performance, and well-being are slipping in teams and work environments.
The long months of confinement and remote work, accompanied by a high rate of uncertainty in the market, have modified the leadership paradigm; demanding from leaders, managers and middle managers new tools that help them revitalize their teams, accurately identify and diagnose recurring tensions and conflicts, empathetically help their workers deal with their problems effectively.
When it comes to analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of your leadership in the new normal,
What aspects make you a good leader?
Some of the key aspects of a great leader are:
✅ strategic capacity to focus on results / set priorities that cover the current and future needs of the company. Align the strategic vision with the UN Sustainability Goals 2015. Request information on the Corporate Sustainability Plans
✅ Skills of resilience, motivation and drive focused on values and vision.
✅ Capacity of social intelligence, soft skills (soft skills) consolidated to promote cooperation and collaboration.
✅ Versatility, ability to innovate, to be open to change, to continuous improvement in order to respond to change with agility.
✅ Authority, be responsible for one's own decisions (accountability).
✅ Be a role model for others, a strong profile but humble. Request a consultation about your leadership profile
✅ Be a Leader Coach for your team, help your team and its members grow. Leadership is a constant learning experience for the leader and the Coaching and Leadership Development Programs they are the most reliable tools for continuous development and optimization of your ability to influence.
✅ Be prepared to do the hard work and have communication skills to deal with difficult conversations.
✅ Have ample capacity for Influence and persuasion, build relationships with the team / company / community / partners (stakeholders).
✅ Have a developed the ability to Self-regulation, be emotionally competent, (emotional intelligence) to be worthy of the trust of the members of your team and the stakeholders who are impacted by the activity of your company.
Is it possible for a leader to demonstrate all of these aspects or leadership competencies mentioned?
It is precisely the most frequent question that I usually hear in my sessions with clients; and my answer is always the same: “in reality, it is more than unlikely, almost impossible, that a leader can demonstrate leadership skills in all aspects, which, far from being considered a source of demotivation, offers the leader a reflection on your competitive advantage. Why? Because the trick of good leadership lies precisely in knowing:
➡️ What you are good at
➡️ What you like
➡️ What you're great at
➡️ What you are lousy at
➡️ What you don't like to do... at all
Developing self-awareness is what allows the leaders I work with to feel good about who they are and make the most of their talents.
Self-knowledge allows the leader to know himself better, not only for what he is excellent at, but also for what he does not enjoy doing, a clear indicator of areas, skills and aptitudes in need of development (improvement areas) that need to be worked on to optimize your skills as a leader.
It is precisely self-knowledge that is the key that allows the leader to be focused and motivated in what he is good / excellent at (strengths) allowing him to enjoy the process of training and improvement.
If you are interested in your Self-knowledge and how it influences you performance program one CONSULTATION without obligation, I will be happy to provide you with more information about my leadership training and self-knowledge tools and how they can help you successfully achieve your professional goals,
COVID-19 has come to change the way we lead, work, and relate to each other. The goal of rapid production has been displaced by a new need, the ability to be able to respond to change with a new set of tools and behaviors that allow us to respond to change as quickly and efficiently as possible. Enter and learn the new leadership skills necessary for professional and organizational success
Leadership in times of Chaos.- How to lead Change
The Covid-19 pandemic has shaken the stability of companies in the blink of an eye, making different effective leadership strategies essential, focused on establishing what is most important to ensure the continuity of the company and the establishment of priorities. temporary and changing as the pandemic unfolds.
The new strategies of POST-COVID Leadership they have changed and require managers to balance steering, learning, and real-time recording of processes and experiences that will help effectively manage the next crisis when the time comes. And an agile adaptation and versatility to be able to be prepared for everything that may come and to be able to react quickly and decisively in the face of crises.
An adaptation to a new normality that makes it essential for leaders to develop a new set of leadership skills, including: perspective, clarity of thought, self-management, business vision and effective communication that promote the effective establishment of clear guidelines on readjustment of expectations and objectives, minimize the impact of anxiety, favor effective communication of temporary needs to adapt objectives and work teams, and promote the entire company moving in one direction and staying afloat.
How to lead your organization in times of chaos?
In the current situation of chaos, confusion, uncertainty and lack of control, expecting organizational leaders to have ready answers about the possible consequences of any business initiative is totally unrealistic.
With no precedents for such a situation, corporate leaders can only trust their intuition and act firmly, having to be able to adapt to any possible changes as the situation and the needs of the company evolve in order to stay afloat.
In this scenario of constant change, the clarity should be the determining factor in facilitating adaptability. Clarity of thought and business vision and communication clarity will allow leaders to effectively visualize and communicate what the organization's priorities are going to be and readjust the expectations and objectives of all employees, explaining to them what needs to be focused on. Leaving room for the temporary rethinking of objectives, results or other initiatives that can wait until the company and the teams achieve the required adaptability.
Tips to help you lead your organization in times of chaos:
- Trust your intuition. Speed is important. You must intervene quickly and define the direction to follow, even knowing that you will not have time to supervise your strategy.
Empathize with your employees. It is very likely that your employees are worried and restless. Use a clear communication strategy and a dynamic and motivating line of action to minimize these negative emotions and help your team focus on the tasks necessary to get ahead.
2. Prepare teams to adapt to change. It is important that your team knows that the company is in an unprecedented situation and that the new line of action will require internal talent management and team adaptability. Lead the talent management of your teams through a self-assessment (DISC + Driving Forces) to identify with a high margin of reliability the resources and potential that the teams have.
3. Offer as much information as possible about what will remain unchanged: Until the change is consolidated, it offers transparent and clear information about the common project, the objectives, the values and the commitment to face the crisis together.
4. Be prepared to change course if necessary. Faced with a situation of chaos, you must assimilate that there is no single way to correctly manage this unprecedented situation, but there is an appropriate way to do it at all times.
LEADERSHIP AND ORGANIZATIONAL EMPOWERMENT: A NEW DIRECTION FOR MANAGEMENT AS A SOLUTION TO THE CRISIS
Empowerment in the organizational environment is a new concept that describes a new philosophy of management of smart companies focused on quality, continuous improvement, performance management, self-directed teams, management of workers' skills.
A new and attractive course of management that seeks new and better ideas to achieve strategic objectives of the company through teamwork and motivation, generating greater involvement, collaboration and commitment of workers through greater participation in decision-making and in the way they function in their jobs.
What makes Empowerment so attractive to companies and their workers?
Empowerment is a management system that each company can adopt following a simple model that contemplates several phases of improvement aimed at empowering workers, being open to leaving their comfort zone and accepting more difficult jobs with greater risks.
A strategic tool that strengthens leadership, giving meaning to teamwork, allowing total quality to stop being a motivational philosophy, to become a functional system. Through which the leader leaves his subordinates to think and decide for themselves, granting them power, responsibility and decision, creating work teams where each of the members contributes ideas, suggestions, defines objectives, goals and tasks to be done. without a leader telling them, etc.
A system that favors a training path to empower all employees and that they are the protagonists of their success and the results of the company. Therefore, to achieve team empowerment and for it to work, all the resources that the team possesses must be used to the maximum, whether they are human or media resources. All team personnel must be prepared and trained to act as if they own the company, and that their work depends on whether it is successful or not. And do not make them believe that they are outsiders who only go for a salary and work a four, six or eight hour day.
Do you want to know what benefits empowerment brings to your company?
#REMOTE LEADERSHIP: 5 TIPS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR TEAM'S REMOTE PERFORMANCE
In this time of uncertainty, leadership is undoubtedly an asset of great value to companies and organizations.
As the COVID-19 crisis unfolds, "social distancing" is becoming a new normal. Working remotely will likely become a more common environmental factor for leaders guiding teams and organizations in the future. In this context, leaders must master virtual work environments to keep team members aligned, connected, committed and performing.
Leading a virtual team can be challenging. Multiple studies have found that more than 25 percent of virtual teams are not fully functioning and 33 percent of teams rate their virtual leaders as less than effective.
The constant shifting of priorities and information and the need to reconcile work and individual needs throughout the lockdown makes it even more difficult for many leaders to lead remotely.
Leading teams, even virtually, is still leadership. Effective leadership remains the best predictor of long-term organizational success and viability, a fact that was already true before the pandemic crisis.
What do we mean when we talk about effective leaders, effective leadership?
When we refer to the term "effective leadership" in our leadership training programs, we refer to different factors and dimensions that determine the leader's success, personal dimensions that, properly developed, transform the leader into a leader. “impact multiplier in the company", a leader who through people, groups, teams and organizations can achieve the strategic objectives for the company; leaders who have developed key leadership skills such as self awareness, emotional intelligence, empathy, modesty, la agility, versatility as well as the resilience. Skills all of them soft (soft skills) that favor that the leader can cope differently and efficiently Many of the demands that their own leadership demands during the pandemic.
What factors enable you to lead high-performing virtual teams and become a more effective virtual leader from a distance? Different research studies carried out during the pandemic point to 5 factors that will allow you to successfully lead from a distance:
Factor 1: CONFIDENCE. Without trust, there is no team.
Trust is a crucial factor for effective collaboration in any team.
Virtual teams have a unique challenge during lockdown in that they tend to develop trust at the task level rather than at the interpersonal level. The result of working remotely often means more time to build interpersonal trust between members of virtual teams.
Effective virtual leaders must look for new ways to instill team spirit and trust in their teams, which, in turn, can help drive cooperation.
Based on research studies, these TIPS can make it easier to build trust between virtual teams:
- Focus on the relationship: focus when organizing meetings on building a good relationship to create a sense of purpose and address objectives as a team.
- Tétechniques and technology: Find apps that make it easy to foster open and honest communication during virtual meetings.
- Empowerment Actions: plans empowerment actions and remote training actions for teams and members to encourage creativity, innovation and more informed decision-making.
- Shared activities: uses virtual team building and activities as a way to help people interact informally outside of team work.
Factor 2: CONTACT. Without contact there is no sense of belonging or connection.
Communications technology has made virtual team interaction possible, but they are obviously not a perfect substitute for human interaction, making it easy for team members to isolate themselves, focusing solely on their work (task) without much social interaction.
Project management software and video conferencing platforms can help employees interact with each other on a regular basis, fostering collaboration and relationship building; which helps create a high-touch environment that makes building relationships possible.
Some other tips virtual leaders can use include:
- Create opportunities for virtual coffee chatsé, lunch meetings or happy hours to help people connect with other team members.
- Use video conference so that all team members can see and recognize each other as a team, to encourage commitment.
- Find ways to communicate, reward, highlight achievements and contributions of team members
Factor 3: EFFECTIVE MEETINGS
In today's environment, virtual meetings have emerged as a practical solution to bring people together to achieve their goals. In the absence of regular face-to-face contact, holding frequent virtual meetings becomes increasingly important to keep everyone on the team on the same page. Nevertheless, many employees are often distracted and multitask. What can you as a leader to help improve the quality of “virtual meetings”? TIPS:
- Deliberately set aside time to connect with people and deepen relationships at the beginning of every virtual meeting—when people feel “checked in” to a meeting, they tend to stay more engaged.
- Look for technology that allows you to promote a two-way dialogue: Breakout groups, surveys, and chat features with text or instant messages so team members can contribute and have their input recorded for later reading.
- Delete inu meetingstiles: informs that a meeting is necessary and sends participants the agenda in advance, to explicitly engage people in the meeting agenda and ensure high levels of participation and engagement.
- More meetingss short and interactive: uses email or other communication tools to share information.
- Group dynamics: integrates group dynamics into the meeting with challenges so that the interaction is greater and increases the enthusiasm, participation and resolution of cases related to the purpose of the meeting.
- Consider rotating the role of facilitator to involve other team members in meetings.
Factor 4: EMPOWER, MOTIVATE: Without motivation, there is no high performance
People are often expected to work more independently in virtual teams, which makes it even more important to find ways to delegate work and provide team members with the freedom to make decisions on their own. Of course, accountability remains paramount for virtual teams. In many cases, team members depend on others to complete work, so leaders must facilitate open communication to ensure everyone is productive. Effective virtual leaders set up a system to monitor progress and follow up frequently, but avoid micromanaging.
Here you will find some practical TIPs to train and motivate people in a virtual environment:
- Make “wake-up calls” to periodically check in on team members.
- Set up smaller teams made up of people interested in specific topics so they can work more autonomously on projects.
- Provide virtual feedback
- Find ways to highlight the achievements and contributions of team members.
- Celebrate success as a team with virtual office parties or video conference team lunches.
FACTOR 5: SOFT SKILLS: THEY ARE THE KEY
Soft skills are particularly important for virtual leaders as they must work to maintain frequent communication between members, inspire people to achieve goals, and manage conflict.
Research studies found that the performance of virtual leaders and teams is better when training actions in skill development are carried out individually and collectively.
Some effective strategies you can use to reinforce the social skills of your virtual team include:
- Use of diagnostic assessments and individual development plans to help develop virtual leaders.
- Conducting virtual team building sessions to help team members socialize and get to know each other.
- Continuously assess the development needs of team members; then, develop skills focused on identified areas for improvement.
About Business Leadership Development
There are many techniques and methodologies applicable to the development of business leadership, understanding business leadership as the set of managerial skills that a person must have to influence the behavior and actions of a work group to achieve the objectives and satisfy the needs. of the company
Companies no longer only need bosses, they need leaders who know how to develop the maximum potential of the company and of the workers, hence an adequate development of the leader is a key premise for a company to achieve success.
All those who aspire to hold a leadership position in a company and lead a work team wonder about the concept of leadership: What does it mean to be a great leader and how can I become one?
Business leadership requires a sum of qualities in the person of the leader, qualities that we can categorize into three dimensions of development (personal and professional) through which the capacity of a leader is articulated, dimensions all of which are necessary and among which one must there is a balance between them.
Do you want to know what are the necessary dimensions to be able to become a great leader?
CHA is your answer:
1-Knowledge (C): What the leader knows about something.
2-Skills (H): What the leader does and how he does it.
3-Attitudes (A): The leader's predisposition towards something.
These three axes are fundamental, it would not help to have a lot of knowledge if we do not have the necessary skills or attitude. Nor will having many skills without knowledge be of much use. Learn more about each of them.
1. Leader Insights
Knowledge can be learned, experience gives it to us, also training, books, blogs, videos, observation. Knowledge is everything we know, that is, it is part of our hard drive.
The issue of whether the leader should be the best coach is an aspect that has given a lot to talk about. My point of view is that the leader should not always be an expert in the field, perhaps in her team there are people more expert in one field or another than him or her. There are some companies that promote the best technician as a leader, sometimes even complying with the principle that "a person ends up rising to his highest level of incompetence."
Although it is also true that if a person is an expert in a subject, he/she will make his/her team legitimize him/her as a leader. But this trend is not always the case. The CEO of a company can be a great COO promoted to CEO, and not be an expert in marketing, finance, or human resources, does this mean that he will not do a good job leading the management team?
It is not really a prerequisite, but it helps to have previous experience in the business environment.
The leader, regardless of the position he occupies, must have, to a greater or lesser degree, knowledge about:
-The market in which it operates.
-Competitor companies, their strengths and weaknesses.
-Your own company, procedures, way of working, etc.
-The technology used by your company.
-The people on your team, their characteristics, strengths, areas for improvement, roles they play, etc.
-The different stakeholders of your company (customers, shareholders, other managers, suppliers...)
– The environment, of the different movements and social, economic and cultural trends. Which will be of great help to you with the strategy.
2. Leadership skills
Skills have to do with the ability to do something, be it to communicate or to carry out a task. Skills are learned by doing, experience is also a good teacher, as well as the experiential training programs that at Lydia Cuervo we make available to managers and companies, programs in which managers learn to develop leadership skills through challenges, leadership dynamics and challenges.
What skills are key and necessary to lead?
- Influence: Ability to motivate and positively influence a group of people so that they get involved in achieving the objectives defined in a given situation, developing, transmitting and aligning the team with the mission, vision and values of the company. It also implies being an example in your management style for the people you work with.
- Delegationn: Ability to assign tasks to collaborators based on their professional skills and maturity, so that the collaborator assumes the responsibility and commitment to obtain results in the entrusted task.
- People Development: Ability to identify the development needs of employees, helping and supporting them for their personal fulfillment within the company.
- Visionon stratégic: Ability to quickly understand the changing trends in the environment, detecting opportunities and anticipating the needs that will be demanded, adopting the necessary decisions and actions for this.
- Resolutionof conflicts: Ability to accept and resolve conflict, maintaining a positive attitude and making it positive for the team and strengthening it. Being assertive in solving it, expressing one's own feelings appropriately, without judging others.
- Analytical capacity and Problem Solving: Ability to understand a situation, breaking it down into small parts and identifying its implications, to obtain valid conclusions, analyze the different alternatives and make the right decision, to resolve situations positively.
- Self-control and pressure tolerancen: Ability to keep the emotional state and behavior under control despite pressure or adverse situations, not getting carried away by the discouragement of not getting the desired results.
- Organization and planningn: Ability to act in a systematic and orderly manner, identifying the priorities of their work and developing action plans to achieve the defined objectives and tasks. It also implies proper time management, distributing it according to established priorities.
- Achievement orientation: Ability to make an effort, organize tasks, and action plans in such a way that their fulfillment directly affects the objectives set by the company.
- Communicative ability: The ability to communicate with other people in such a way that they understand the message perfectly. Being able to listen and understand others perfectly and build through interaction with other concepts and clear messages.
Of these 10 competencies there are some related to the task, others to the team and others to the people. There are three key axes that leadership development must ensure: Task, Team, People.
Attitude has to do with our predisposition towards things. Attitude is like a suit that we decide to wear. We can be people with many skills and knowledge, but if our attitude is not the right one, our leadership will not be effective. Attitude is key, there it is said «hire people for their attitude, train them to develop their ability», and there is nothing worse than hiring someone with the wrong attitude. So if we analyze the leader's predisposition towards change, difficulties and towards work, we can find three attitudes that will be vital for a leader to do a good job:
- Positivity in the face of change. Not all people deal with change in the same way. Some are closed to any change and it is very difficult for them to achieve good results. People with this attitude have the flexibility to adapt to changes quickly, working effectively and showing the ability and willingness to learn new things, acquire new skills and progress.
- Constancy and perseverance in the face of difficulties The leader should not throw in the towel easily, his ability often depends on his persevering and constant attitude. Leading is not an easy task that happens at first, achieving goals through others requires effort and determination.
- Possibility and opportunity in the face of scarcity. Being able to see a little light in the dark, being able to see opportunities where others do not see them is another of the key attitudes of the leader. A good leader will always find a new possibility, something that gives people hope and inspiration. Where others see scarcity, the good leader sees opportunities, where others see that nothing can be done, the good leader sees possibilities.
We have to know that leadership is developed, acted upon and improved. In the leadership-oriented development plans that I carry out, I realize that every company deserves to have good leaders, because they are the ones who ignite the spark so that things go well.
Online Leadership: Boost your strengths with the 50% Campaign.
“Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.”-William Arthur Ward.
El leadership development It is a growth phase commitment y executive that meets the needs of self-improvement that each person experiences and human resource development processes of organizations so that, in the current market context, employees and organizations can face an unprecedented variety of changes, have the necessary means to resolve conflicting priorities, have a more committed team and achieve higher performance; generating more adaptable, innovative and more productive business units.
If you want to take advantage of the opportunities offered by the current market situation, if you want to develop your leadership, if you want to improve to achieve goals within your organization, a online leadership development program it is your best tool. It is growing application of online leadership courses.
Growing as a person and being able to fulfill yourself in your work are inherent needs of people, being able to achieve a feeling of self-fulfillment is undoubtedly key to feeling fully in the role and position you hold.
TAI-certified leadership development online offers you a professional development plan focused on results, an online leadership program tailored to the development needs of each person to enhance self-knowledge and self-management, discover your strengths, help you achieve goals, manage people, assume leadership responsibilities, improve your level of performance and the performance of your team. To improve your interpersonal and effective communication skills to achieve recognition at work. To have the precise and effective tools that are so necessary to be able to continue developing yourself at a professional level, manage your talents and the talents of your team members, generating greater commitment in the members of your team, more adaptable, innovative teams and more productive.
Online Leadership Program
An online leadership development program of 8 sessions of 90 minutes duration, through which we will promote your leadership through 3 phases:
ª 1 phase. Self-Awareness Assessment- Feedback on our current situation becoming aware of where you are, what is blocking you and what aspects you need to improve (areas for improvement).
2ª phase. Establishment of professional development objectives. Being aware of where we are and where we want to go, we establish professional development goals and discover how to achieve them.
ª 3 phase. On going! Once we know the way to get where we want, we take responsibility and begin to take the necessary actions to achieve our goals. professionalization goals.
And you can do the program online, through the Internet, with all the advantages that this entails. Shall we start? Make your reservation or request more information through our contact form or our mail email@example.com.
More information about online leadership here.
Two great challenges characterize leadership today:
- the need for juggle a growing series of paradoxical demands: do more with less; reduce costs but innovate; think globally, act locally.
- the unprecedented pace of «disruptive change», which accelerates the interaction of these demands and at the same time increases the pressure on organizations to adapt.
These challenges have significantly increased the need for organizations to have versatile leaders who have the ability to deal with a variety of changes and the means to resolve conflicting priorities.
Epstein argued that the broader a leader's lens on the world, the greater his repertoire of skills, abilities, and behavioral styles; And the more developed you are as a person, the more likely you are to lead your people, teams, and organizations to success in a rapidly changing world.
Versatility is the most important component to leading effectively today. Versatile leaders have more engaged employees and higher performing teams. Its business units are more adaptable and innovative. Their organizations are more capable of obtaining a competitive advantage because they know how to generate disruption (a process or a way of doing things that supposes an 'abrupt break or interruption' and that prevails and unseats those who had been employed).
What is versatility?
Versatility is the ability to read and respond to change with a broad repertoire of complementary skills and behaviors.
Leaders are often better at reading change than responding to it, largely because developing a wide range of behaviors requires systematic effort that often pushes them out of their comfort zones.
To help leaders understand how to expand their behavioral repertoire, our leadership programs provide leaders with scientific tools that synthesize the work on leadership behavior from the last 100 years of research in both psychology and management, tools that emphasize in opposite but complementary behaviors and that make the distinction between: how do you lead (in terms of interpersonal behaviors to influence other people and interact with them) and, on the other hand, lwhat do you lead (in terms of the corganizational issues on which it focuses).
1. “How do you lead” shows the distinction between two different types of leadership: energetic leadership and effective leadership.
El leadership inérgic it is about asserting personal and positional power.
El effective leadership It consists of involving others, influencing, convincing, getting the best out of them, achieving goals through others.
Both leadership styles include different behavioral profiles:
- forceful leadership is autocratic, decisive, demanding.
- effective leadership is empowering others, is participatory and
2. 'What you lead, what you direct shows the distinction between strategic leadershipélogical y operational leadership.
El strategic leadershipélogical is to position the organization to be competitive in the long term.
El operational leadership consists of the implementation and execution of decisions.
Both types of leadership also include different behavioral styles:
- Strategic leadership sets direction, grows the business, and introduces innovation.
- operational leadership drives execution, focuses resources, provides order and stability.
To help leaders develop versatility our leadership programs assess as a first step and through scientific tools your current ability to use an effective mix of the above behaviors. Assessment and feedback tools on 3 to 4 dimensions of talent that allow leaders to expand their knowledge and measure their use of behavioral styles, skills, strategic and operational vision; helping them understand the importance of their adaptability, showing them which behaviors they need to emphasize more and which behaviors they need to emphasize less.
Our leadership development work has shown us that only one in 10 leaders have fully mastered the range of skills necessary to lead effectively. Most leaders tend to have a bias in favor of leading by focusing their management on their strengths — the behaviors and skills that they have comfortably developed, or even over-developed, as those behaviors, skills with which who tend to respond naturally and unconsciously to challenges, influence, change and norms in the organization. Generating as a result that your strengths become your weakness, or as the saying goes, “for a hammer everything is nails”.
The goal of our leadership programs is to develop the ability to adapt, the ability to be flexible and versatile, to consider opposing needs and avoid maximizing one at the expense of the other, since it is the current set of skillsas it makes the leader more versatile. As a F. Scott Fitzgerald wroteó, "The test of first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."
How is versatility developed?
If versatility is essential for effective leadership, but it is not very common to observe in the world of organizations.
How can our leadership programs help managers become more versatile leaders?
Based on years of research in the area of leadership, our programs drive versatility through three effective strategies:
- 1) Facilitate awareness of the importance of broadening your perspective and developing a broader range of skills through evaluation tools and group dynamics. Both tools that favor a systemic approach, evaluating the personality and strengths of the leader and comparing it in a systemic way with other behavioral and motivational styles. Tools that promote learning agility, encourage absorbing lessons and engaging in leadership challenges, exposure to different knowledge and viewpoints, and incorporating them into your leadership toolkits. Versatile leaders tend to have cross-cutting career paths and work experiences, more diverse than others. Being aware of the need to seek experiences in different business areas and interpersonal experiences with other styles and viewpoints is also an excellent way to prepare leaders for business leadership.
- 2) Continuous feedback and development. It's crucial grasp y gain insight into the impact and effectiveness of their behavior. Versatile leaders respond well to change and are able to changesr their behavior, adapt your behavior, in response to events, different points of view and constructive criticism. In a market in constant flux, it is useful to be able to adapt to the new needs of the job and make the necessary adjustments to achieve a more effective response to the circumstances. A simple way to become aware of our ability to adapt is to ask ourselves and our colleagues the questions recommended by Peter Drucker: «Qué should I stop, start and keep doing to be more effective?»
- 3) Personal development: become a more personIt's complete. This involves being aware of and open to opposing abilities and behaviors and not being blinded by strengths. Versatile leaders show a pattern of behavior and vision beyond the familiar and the comfort zone that favors their flexibility; in contrast to some of their less versatile colleagues, who show a rigid and narrow version of themselves and think that opposite perspectives and behaviors should be avoided rather than experienced and learned from. The personal development of leaders is key to an effective business leadership. Our leadership programs promote the personal development of leaders through regular group dynamics for skills development, which give the leader the opportunity to meet and participate from different perspectives, which help him learn about different points of view, participate in team dynamics providing different angles of management, which the leader can incorporate into their daily management.
Effective Leadership Programs with Lydia Cuervo
Would you say that you are prepared to assume a position of responsibility in your company?
When it comes to riding a bike, starting a business or leading a team, everything seems easy until you try to do it.
You can learn a lot about characteristics of effective leadership Observing good and recognized leaders, analyzing what they do. You can spend time thinking about how you would manage the problems of your leadership so that it is effective. You can read books, publications and articles on leadership. You will learn a lot, but Is not sufficient. When developing your leadership skills:
DON'T FOOL YOURSELF, KNOWING IS NOT THE SAME AS DOING.
The leadership it's a personal skill for which you are born and also for which you can prepare yourself, train yourself. It is necessary to know in depth and know how to use the types of effective and creative leadership.
When evaluating a decision as important as assuming a position of responsibility in your organization, it is necessary to ask yourself questions about your level of professional development, since once you are promoted, you are a "leader", whether you do it well or badly. , and you will not be able to return to your old job or position. And doing a job you don't like every day for the rest of your career is an apt recipe for stress, poor performance, and unhappiness. Something in which effective leadership techniques they can help you, and a lot, if you apply them correctly.
How does effective leadership work?
When it comes to your career: Do you know how you can make the right decision? Do you know how you can determine if leadership is for you?
Reading about leadership, observing leaders is not going to give you enough to reach the benefits of effective leadership in an organization. Power deeply understand your talents, know what your leadership style is, understand what the innate tools you have to be able to exercise, develop and improve your leadership It's the first step in developing robust confidence in your abilities when applying for opportunities at your company to lead a short-term project team or temporary task force. Try leadership so you can decide if you want to work in leadership roles every day.
Leadership is really not about you. It's about the team and the mission, and to develop a effective leadership It is vital to be able to access a comprehensive professional development program that offers you personal development as a preliminary step to developing your leadership, developing and improving your people management skills, through knowledge and putting into practice precise tools. that will help you achieve effective leadership in your organization and/or your project startups!
If you are looking for a course effective leadership, Lydia Raven and her team They offer you the Effective Leadership Programs that will help you find the keys and keys you need. Test it! ¡Get in touch!
Leader Coaching, what is it?
The term Coaching Leader o Leadership Coaching refers to an individualized process that builds and develops the capacity of a leader and his work teams to achieve personal and organizational goals short and long term.
The Leader coaching process is personalized, generally carried out individually or in small work groups for a defined period of time and with the purpose of achieving specific short and medium-term objectives.
Leadership Coaching is an essential training and education process to enhance and develop the leadership skills of current leaders, managers and managers of new promotion that focuses on improving the performance of leaders and foster their training at all levels.
"The distance between the steps of a ladder is never designed to rest, but only to support one foot long enough to allow you to put the other a little higher.“. Thomas Huxley
The Coaching Leader aims to:
- Help organizations grow and improve their leadership capacity.
- Help Leaders develop effective leadership and people management skills, enhancing their image and personal brand.
- Help people to train professionally and reach leadership positions, improving their skills and performance.
It is estimated that more than 60% of Fortune 500 CEOs have their own personal coaches.
The importance of leadership training
Qualified leadership training and professional development equip leaders in the art of handling the more technical demands of their roles. However, in the area of personal and managerial growth, the development of soft skills is best approached through a relationship with the work of a Leader Coach, being able to turn to the leadership development process a sincere and reflective feedback that is key when establishing development directions. A feedback that for the leader and companies becomes more complicated as they advance in their careers and business goals, and that can lead to a lack of self-awareness of blind areas in senior management and leadership competencies are the causes most common that can truncate a promising career. Which can be devastating for the individual and extremely costly for the company.
The leadership coaching plans ofrecen leaders and companies a partnership relationship, in which the client is the expert in the organization and the coach leader an expert who accompanies him in the process of becoming an even more effective expert.
The Coach Leader generally employs a variety of precise and objective tools and methods to help their clients achieve their goals, including:
- Accurate and objective assessments with 80-100% reliability, to identify behaviors, strengths and blind areas that can be linked to business results.
- Active listening, through which the Coach Leader fosters a broad perspective and points of reflection on the client's problems; and offers you a guide to solve your own problems.
- Setting directions and priorities, putting perspective on obstacles and threats, and offering tools to successfully address potential obstacles.
- Take the client out of their comfort zone to explore new options and look at the situation from different angles.
- Provide an expanded perspective of the situation centered on the coach leader's own experiences on their journey to effective leadership.
- Assist client with goal setting, action planning.
- Recommend specific books or other sources of learning.
- Meet on a regular basis, often once a week or once every two weeks, to establish frameworks and “personal and professional development tasks” between meetings.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the Lider Coaching association.
In most cases, Leader takers Coaching, the official “client” are the companies and organizations that pay the coaching bill, although the true “client” in the relationship is the individual being coached.
Want to know more? Consults!
About the Leadership Development Program
Next we will see essential tools for the leader coach. These are Programs of Efficiency and Personal and Professional Training for the achievement of results encompassed in the Leadership Development Program.
Whether you are facing a difficult moment in your career, a professional promotion, a delicate decision that you do not know how to deal with, or a personal situation that you do not know how to resolve, continuing to let yourself be carried away by worry and uncertainty is not going to help you. a find effective solutions. What is the best thing you can do in such situations?
The first step is to take control of your life, have the advice of a good professional and a Coach Leader Program for personal and professional development and training, they are your best allies to successfully face all the new challenges that society and the labor market in which we live, present us in our day to day.
What does the Leadership Development Program or Leader Coach Program consist of?
The Leader Coach program is a precise, short, effective and inspiring program that, in just 3 sessions, It will give you light, direction and tools to get out of the stagnation, to get out of the loop of worry in which you find yourself.
It is a program of great impact and scope that aims to develop your level of personal efficiency and your performance.
It's a leadership and coaching program that focuses on helping you clarify directions and find effective solutions to your challenges, enabling you to achieve your personal and professional goals, using precise and objective tools that inform you of your behavioral and motivational profile; and how your profile influences your current level of efficiency and what areas you need to improve to achieve the results you want.
This personal improvement plan is focused on effective solutions and has as its target offer you an effective solution to your current challenges and concerns. A program that facilitates a new understanding of the situation in which you find yourself, allows you the decision making effectively and carry out new effective actions to ensure the success of your objectives.
How to take the Leadership Development Program course?
The Leader Coach program can be carried out online by videoconference "Skyping", from the comfort of your office or your home. And also in Face-to-face sessions in our Lider Coach office in the center of Madrid. You choose!
Leadership course in Madrid
Do you know what leadership is? Do you know that you can become a true leader and maximize all your skills? For this, a complete and true training in the area is necessary and exploit the innate leader that you have within you. the novelty leadership course in Madrid will allow you to explore and develop the necessary skills to be a good leader.
This course is specially designed with the intention of developing important leadership skills, a professional course aimed at those companies that need to have true business leaders and managers on their staff who are capable of understanding current challenges.
Both the team leadership course and coaching and leadership courses, they obey to achieve the same results since leadership is the ability of a person to mediate, motivate, organize and carry out certain actions in order to achieve the main objectives that involve people and groups.
Objectives pursued by the leadership course for companies
The objectives pursued by this leadership course for companies in Madrid there are several:
- Know the types of leadership.
- Tools that foster key effective leadership skills.
- Key tools to learn how to work in a team and also teach others to work better.
- Encourage people to have a broad view of productivity.
- Motivate people to create team commitment and achieve satisfaction.
- Increase organizational agility.
Who is the course for?
The leadership course in Madrid for companies is especially aimed at:
- managers: Since they obtain the necessary tools to face the challenges of being a leader and measure leadership in real situations.
- Business Leaders: complete training that allows you to promote leadership in the company where you work.
- Entrepreneurs and Start Ups: You will have the necessary tools to form high-performance work teams, coach the personnel under your command and the proper handling of leadership situations that involve considerable effort in your organization.
The way in which the leadership course is carried out for companies involves applying a program to detect and measure the talent of those attending the course, which will allow them to determine their leadership style, as well as their strengths and vulnerable areas for improvement.
Next, an individual class will be given. Executive coaching designed to improve the level of professional knowledge and personal leadership.
There are two days of fully face-to-face training, through which leadership skills will be developed.
If you want to know a little more about the business leadership course Access the following link and fill out the form, call the phone number or go to the email address.
The leadership specialist lydia crow will advise you and allow you to learn the necessary techniques and tools during the course. Lydia Cuervo is an Expert Analyst in Leadership and Talent Development, she also has many years of experience in the area of business consulting.
About Business Leadership
When we talk about leadership, we refer to a managerial ability that a person has to influence other people or a work group in their actions, all with the intention of motivating them to achieve previously planned goals or objectives. Thus, the business leadership It refers to the abilities that may exist in an organization or company with the intention of establishing valid guidelines to reach common agreements, materialize business objectives and satisfy organizational needs.
What is sought with the implementation of good business leadership is to create a solid conscience in the workers with the intention of developing their maximum potential and achieving the most optimal participation of all the workers to achieve a certain goal.
What should be the characteristics of leadership in a company?
The business leaders they require having certain basic elements with the intention of achieving efficient leadership and for this they must have the following characteristics:
- be enthusiastic
- be communicative
- Have negotiation skills.
- Conflict resolution capacity.
- Capacity for decision-making.
Why should your company have business leadership experts?
In any organization or company, there must be leaders who motivate the rest of the staff in a specialized way, if possible. The importance of business leadership entails a:
- Adequate management of the necessary tools to achieve administrative and managerial progress.
- Self-knowledge of the talents and strengths of each element and person in an organization.
- Concentration of effort and energy to achieve goals.
Coaching for companies. What is it for?
Coaching is a set of efforts and techniques that can be implemented in the staff of an organization. These techniques, when implemented, will aim to measure the effectiveness resulting from the motivation that each worker possesses.
And how can we achieve motivation in the staff of an organization? Through coaching, a selection of personnel (especially leaders) who possess certain personal leadership qualities is made.
This very powerful technique has the purpose of allowing each of the people who work in an organization to give the best of themselves. Therefore, training is a necessary condition that they must go through, in order to have full knowledge and mastery of the necessary tools to achieve objectives.
Business leadership training
Do you need advice on business leadership course? Send your query to the coaching and business leadership specialist Lydia Cuervo, who will be able to guide you according to your needs and those of your company and she will offer you the necessary tools to achieve your goals.
Become a unique and cutting-edge business leader and boost the sustained growth of your company!
If your purpose for 2020 is to continue improving, grow in your career, definitively solve your personal development, self-management and people management needs; promote your ability to make effective decisions, your leadership capacity and obtain results through people; these questions will help you rewrite the rules of your own success.
If you are considering a paradigm shift in your company, organization and in your work teams; Why not start with yourself? What is your leadership paradigm?
Studying a job or career change is an option that carries a high emotional burden, not only because there is a component of uncertainty that is difficult to assess when it comes to effective decision-making. But because our decision is going to generate a high impact on our professional projection and on our personal and family well-being.
In a Spain that is still polarized, where organizations observe diversity as a source of interpersonal conflicts, gender conflicts, intergenerational and multi-cultural conflicts: are we not really ignoring an underlying problem as obvious as poor and deficient leadership in management? of people?